THINK IN THE NEXT
Anderson School of Management
The UCLA Anderson EMBA Program is different. It places students in a learning environment where peers are at the forefront of their respective fields, pushing the boundaries of business. The program models study groups on a board of directors’ format so that each member benefits from complementary areas of expertise. Instruction from world-class faculty, international experiences, and practical training bring the future of business into focus. This is how the program helps students think in the next. Other unique program advantages include the following.
- Los Angeles is one of the most vibrant business and start-up cultures in the world and the hub of the Pacific Rim.
- The UCLA Anderson EMBA places special emphasis on diversity in industry and functional areas in its classes, and an international perspective permeates all EMBA courses.
- Students gain firsthand exposure to the current business dynamics and customs of other nations through numerous international study and exchange opportunities.
- Anderson’s Strategic Management Research (SMR) program gives organizations throughout the world the opportunity to engage a consulting team of experienced EMBA professionals. An advisor with extensive experience in both the industry and academic settings guides each SMR Consulting Team.
International industry leaders who regularly publish groundbreaking research to bridge business with academia head EMBA classroom instruction. Anderson’s EMBA requires 12 units of elective courses, a popular aspect of the curriculum. EMBA students can choose electives from MBA and Part-Time MBA Programs, and even other UCLA departments — for instance, in entertainment or international relations. The curriculum distinguishes itself because:
- Leadership and study groups resemble a board of directors and include an engineer, a finance/accounting professional, a military officer or veteran, and a marketing professional, plus two-to-three others to round out the group.
- Students learn as much from peers as they do from the faculty because classmates are C-level executives, directors, consultants, and entrepreneurs from every major industry, as well as physicians, architects, and attorneys.
- All Anderson EMBA students complete an International Elective, a rare opportunity for immersion in business practices abroad.
- EMBA students can take part in one-week International Exchange experiences at partner business schools throughout the world that offer a series of new electives to help cultivate an educated worldview and increase awareness of diverse business cultures.
- UCLA Anderson offers several certificates exclusive to EMBAs: Finance, Marketing, and the Entrepreneurship Certificates – all drive change in the marketplace.
- The world-famous Harold and Pauline Price Center for Entrepreneurial Studies supports EMBA students by sponsoring more than 30 extracurricular activities that include prominent speakers, an annual conference on entrepreneurship, and the Knapp Venture Proposal Competition.
The leadership development portfolio of activities in the UCLA Anderson EMBA Program is designed to produce intelligent leaders. UCLA Anderson’s EMBA Program has earned widespread praise for its innovative methods of engaging executive students in projects that expand their leadership, collaborative, and interactive skills. The program supports leadership development with a range of resources:
- Foundational courses are augmented with elective classes that hone crucial leadership communication skills such as persuasion, quick thinking, and negotiations.
- In the exclusive Executive Speakers Series, the world's most prominent leaders from the business, non-profit, and public sectors share their insights and advice on what it takes to innovate and think fearlessly.
- Full-time research faculty members collaborate to provide educational experiences that enable students to develop and synthesize the necessary knowledge and skills to address significant strategic challenges and lead complex organizations.
- UCLA Anderson invests in student success with lifelong guidance from a professional career coach and executives-in-residence.
- UCLA Anderson abounds with practical, hands-on resources to support learning and leadership training, including a world-class library system, high-tech classrooms, and breakout pods for group study.