WEEKEND INVESTMENT. LIFELONG RETURNS.
Eli Broad Graduate School of Management
An intensive 20-month program, the Executive MBA at Michigan State University’s (MSU) Eli Broad Graduate School of Management helps current and aspiring executives take their careers to the next level.
With the oldest public university Executive MBA in the United States, MSU has a long history of transforming high potential into high performance. That all sounds great, but what differentiates the Broad EMBA from all others? First, these elements:
- Integrative management curriculum
- Distinguished Broad College faculty
- Unique team focus and team leadership support structure
- Convenient, every-other weekend schedule
- Three campuses in Detroit, East Lansing, and Troy, Michigan
- Superior return on investment
Then our student outcomes:
- Seventeen (17) percent: Average salary increase from the start to end of program
- Fifty (50): Percent of students who typically receive a promotion during the program
- Fifty-six (56) percent: Average salary increase three years post-graduation
And finally the network:
- More than 5,000 Broad Executive MBA alumni leading businesses and communities throughout the world; the program actively selects students from diverse educational backgrounds, functional specialties, and industries to create cross-functional learning
The Executive MBA’s rigorous curriculum helps sharpen business expertise and provide students a competitive edge in their careers. The diverse curriculum focuses on:
- Enhancing managerial skills: These courses build a solid foundation in managerial skills, financial accounting, and data analysis, as well as provide insight into personal leadership styles that help professionals improve performance
- Analyzing the organization: A series of courses examine the integrated nature of an organization, from how it is organized and managed to how it uses accounting data to market products
- Analyzing the organization’s environment: These courses link the organization to its external environment, considering influences including customers, competitors, financial markets, and legal issues
- Managing change and innovation: Organizations face constant change and innovation; these courses focus on how businesses manage re-engineering, entrepreneurship, downsizing, short product life cycles, and similar challenges
- Developing strategy in a global environment: These courses cover how firms build and execute strategic plans in a global marketplace
Leadership development is integrated throughout the program, with opportunities for students to learn, practice, and enhance their authentic strengths and maximize personal and organizational results.
More importantly, the Broad EMBA experience enhances students’ ability to develop, lead, and influence teams. Recognizing the need for leadership at all levels, and the inter-connective nature of work, the program offers courses that span the program, providing insights, tools, and techniques that will support skill development and enhance the program’s value.