List of very important questions
Returning to school is a significant decision with many considerations to weigh. To help with decision-making, develop a list of your interests and desires and ask yourself some key questions:
- What is important to you, and what is most important to you?
- What do you want from your education?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- How will you finance your education?
- Do you want an intense global experience?
- Do you want to focus on a specialization?
Other considerations include:
Do you want to stay in the same location or are you looking for a global program?
How important is a school’s reputation to you?
Do you want assistance with a career transition?
Which of the many format variations meets your needs?
Defining expectations from the EMBA experience is one of the most important steps for prospective students, making it key to know what you really want from your experience.
It helps to take a close look at the reality of your situation – there are no guarantees from any experience. In addition to understanding your own goals and expectations, it also pays to remember that the time and effort that you put into the program will make a difference in your outcomes.